11.01.2006

Reading towards Researching

As I have begun to read articles surrounding my topic of curriculum, I think I am left more baffled but with some direction. (As if it makes any sense!) I am being submerged into a new discourse of education and find many experienced teachers asking the same questions over and over again; never finding an answer.
It is probably, definately, true questions in depth like this will never have a finalized answer. They probably never should but it's the exploration of in depth questions which leads us to a better understanding of ourselves and the topic. What I find most curious about explorations like this, is the idea we are only examining a part of society we have created. Like learning about the inner-workings of the government. Everything about the government, we have somehow created in the past to form what it currently is. Much like government, curriculum has also only been created by us and only created to fit into a part of an institution we have created.

No comments: